John is the founder of 180 Physical Therapy, Inc. and is an Erie, Pennsylvania native. John understands the needs of the community and how best to integrate services that will allow for improved health and well-being. John emphasizes individualized patient care and his specialties utilize the most effective treatment strategies to ensure the best possible outcomes for his patients. John is extremely dedicated to injury prevention and that is why 180 Physical Therapy offers the community the most effective prevention programs in order to promote wellness and safety for all age groups. To further assist the community in accessing therapy services, John possesses Direct Access licensure in Pennsylvania which allows him to treat patients without a physician referral.
John received his Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) and Master of Physical Therapy (MPT) degrees from Gannon University. Prior to that, John earned his Bachelor of Science degree from The Pennsylvania State University and went on to serve as the Head Athletic Trainer at Gannon for 10 years.
Licensure / Certifications
- Pennsylvania Physical Therapist license
- Pennsylvania Direct Access Physical Therapist license
- Certified Athletic Trainer (ATC)
- Certified in Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy (Cert. MDT), also known as the McKenzie Method
- Certified Sportsmetrics™ provider
- APTA and NATA approved clinical instructor
- CPR /AED for the Professional Rescuer
- American Physical Therapy Association (APTA)
- Private Practice Section of the APTA
- Pennsylvania Physical Therapy Association
- National Athletic Trainers’ Association (NATA)
- Pennsylvania Athletic Trainers’ Society